Are you feeling tight and tense?
Are you holding tension in your body?
How about your jaw? Your forehead?
Try this quick and easy Progressive Muscle Relaxation with Breath exercise today!
Progressive Muscle Relaxation with Breath:
- Lie on your back and close your eyes.
- Take a few deep breaths to prepare.
- Start at your feet. As you breathe in, tense the muscles of your feet.
- As you breathe out, release the tension in your feet.
- As you breathe in, tense your calves (the muscles on the back of your lower leg).
- As you breathe out, release the tension in your calves.
- Repeat this for each body part, working your way towards your head.
- End with your face, releasing the tension in your jaw, eyes and forehead.
- When finished, take a moment to simply lie there and feel your entire body.
- Notice the sensations and see if there is anywhere you are still holding tension, if so, release it with your breath.
- When ending the session, move slowly and thank yourself for taking a mindfulness break.